This year, stop the cycle of resolving to make a change and then not following through. If your resolution is to take better care of yourself and get healthy then here are a few tips compiled from the thousands on the internet! Turn your “new year resolution” into an action plan and include these:
- Be Realistic. Set a goal that is attainable
- Outline Your Plan. Decide how you will deal with the temptations. This could include calling a friend for help, positive thinking, or reminding yourself how it will affect your goal.
- Talk About It. Don’t keep your resolution a secret, shout it out!
- Reward Yourself. Celebrate your success by treating yourself to something you enjoy that doesn’t contradict your resolution.
- Track Your Progress. Keep track of each small success. Short-term goals are easier to keep, and each small accomplishment will help keep you motivated.
- Don’t Beat Yourself Up.Do the best you can each day, and take one day at a time.
- Stick to It. Experts say it takes about 21 days for a new activity to become a habitand six months for it to become part of your personality.